yamaha raptor 250r

Friday, January 16, 2009

iPod Touch Bluetooth

iPod Touch 2G
As i was reading an article about the history of iPod Touch, I found out that iPod Touch 2g uses Broadcom BCM4325 a wi-fi chipset that supports Bluetooth and FM Radio. Although it was not officially announced and supported by Apple (this is the reason why Nike+iPod support was released, I guess so, as Apple has said that the Nike+iPod kit works on an unspecified 2.4 GHz radio frequency), maybe the reason behind this is they don't want to sabotage their then upcoming release mobile product which was the iPhone, since iPod Touch was made as a training wheel for iPhone.

Now it's time for me to find out how to activate this bluetooth and fm radio capabilities of my iPod Touch, but first I'll need to prove that the chipset mentioned above is indeed inside my iPod.

0 Comments: